Friday, February 12, 2010

VitaTops rock my world!

I just received my first order of VitaTops about 15 minutes ago. Basically they are muffin tops (what Panera calls their "Muffies."  They are 100 calories, low-fat, 4-7g fiber, and work out to be 1 point a piece regardless of flavor. Click here to go to their website.

Flavors I've tried and my thoughts:
- Deep Chocolate Muffin - it was ok, but I prefer the VitaTop to the muffin
- Deep Chocolate VitaTop - really like. Have even used as a "brownie" to make a sundae.
- Golden Corn VitaTop - i wasn't a big fan, but I tend not to be happy with lowfat corn muffins in general. I was really hoping I would like them though. 
- Deep & Velvety Chocolate ViaBrownie - these are a bit more cake-like in texture than a brownie, but still really good.

The above flavors/products were the only ones I've seen in stores. They are usually in the organic frozen section near the breakfast stuff.

New flavors I purchased:
 - Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip VitaTop
 - Banana Nut VitaTop
 - Triple Chocolate Chunk VitaTop
 - Banana Fudge VitaTop

They have a good selection of non-chocolate flavors too, but none that appeal to me personally.

The down side is that you have to order at least 12 of a flavor at a time unless you order one of the sample packs, which have a set variety of flavors. So with my order I stuck to flavors that I was pretty sure I would like, or at least be able to tolerate until they were gone.

Because my WeightWatchers meeting is so early in the morning, I don't feel like eating before I go. I am going to bring one of the VitaTops with me to eat during my meeting. For such a little, low point thing, they are really filling, and really satisfying. I have a major issue with feeling satisfied when it comes to baked goods, and I have never eaten more than 1 in a sitting.

I'll update with flavor reviews as I try them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like these. I found a few grocery stores nearby that carry them. I've tried chocolate and blueberry. They are great with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete