Friday, March 16, 2012

Checking in and some mental reoganization

Last workout was:
Wednesday March 7 - 10 minutes on Gazelle with iPod (1,118 steps, 63 calories burned)

March 7th is also when I went to weigh in last week. Up 2.4 pounds in 5 weeks. Could have been a lot worse. Really need to stop this upward trend though....

Did not weigh in this week yet. I'm going to go tomorrow morning to get credit for the week, and then go back on Tuesday night for my "regular" meeting. I kind of miss the accountability factor of regular meetings, yet I know that on some level the accountability is what I was trying to avoid when I wasn't staying on plan and therefore skipped meetings. I know that it is not as though the leader or other people working are going to be disappointed in me, but I still feel like I'm letting them down on some level.

I got to talk through a lot of the food issue stuff with a friend while she was visiting the last few days, and I think getting to talk it all out with another person really helped. Felt like some things were starting to really click, which is nice and a definite improvement.

Having a debate with myself about whether or not to continue paying for eTools. Hard to decide until I really get myself back on plan 100%, so that is my main focus. I started tracking my food today in a spare paper tracker. I started to say that I should just wait until Wednesday morning to start tracking again, and then reminded myself that imperfect tracking is better than none. So not everything will have the PP values calculated and tracked, but it is still something.

I decided/realized that with exercising, using the Gazelle needs to be either an extra workout if using my iPod, or workout 4 for the week with the DVDs that came with it. I still need to be gradual in my increases in time and intensity for exercise, but I also need to make what I am doing be worthwhile and have some results at some point, and what I was doing was not going to get me the results I want, so I am going to change things up.

Now to go attempt the Zumba 20 minute DVD workout I have.

1 comment: