I didn't go to WW to weigh in today. I weighed myself on my scale at home and saw I was up, and I just didn't feel like seeing that gain in my "official" numbers. I track my home scale numbers every week in addition to the official WW numbers, and so I am recognizing the gain in one way.
I wasn't surprised at the gain for a few reasons.
- As the week went on, my tracking got spottier and spottier, eventually stopping all together.
- I have not been drinking enough water. I used to drink 64oz minimum per day, and I have not been getting near that most days the last few weeks.
- Mom made apple crisp Thursday night. I picked it out of the options she gave me (we have apple trees and need to use the apples before they go bad. They're a weird kind of apple and don't keep like the apples from the orchards/stores). I thought it would be okay, but my body was craving sugar all week, and I had some apple crisp Thursday and then two large servings yesterday. I need to evaluate if this is a new trigger food for me, or it was a temporary issue due to having basically given up by the end of the week and my not getting in all my water.
I think I've mentioned on here that living at home has felt like a vacation in part. This is because the last time I spent much time at home was in college during vacations, and in the last few years, I've just come home for visits for a few days. The last time I was productive on a regular basis in that house was in high school, and I graduated ten years ago. So I keep getting sucked into a vacation/visit mentality of relaxing and hanging out. I did have a frantic productivity mentality when I first moved back home, but that was a way of coping with having to move home and feeling as though my entire life was falling apart around me. I was frantic in attacking my new surroundings to create an environment that felt safe and familiar so that I could try to heal. But now in nice big letters on the dry erase board in my bedroom it says: "Vacation time is OVER." I need to stop treating this as a temporary rest stop, and treat it fully as my life right now. I need to own my environment so that I'm not thinking of it as temporary (ie. as a vacation/visit place).
In the past on here I've set goals a multitude of times, and for the most part I've failed at achieving those goals. In part that was due to my previous environment (living with the ex's sister and brother-in-law. I struggled with not having much control over my environment), but I think a lot of my issues had to do with my own mindset regarding my life in general. I thrive on having a routine/schedule to guide me through the day and when I have one, I get flustered when it gets out of whack and that usually results in my giving up for the rest of the day with the intention to try and pick things back up the next day. Eventually I have enough "failed" days that I just give up on the schedule all together. Unfortunately that puts me in my current position of getting very little accomplished on a daily basis.
So, I think it is time to set some new goals, and stick to them. Here are my Goals for October:
- Track my food every day (even if I go over my points)
- Get back to exercising, with the goal of exercising a minimum of twice a week.
- Get my sleep schedule in order. (This past week I was getting up around 10am, and by then I felt like I'd lost most of the day already.) To get this going I'm going to set the alarm for and get up at 8am. If this is successful, I will change it to 7:45 next week. If it is not successful, I will stick with 8am until it works. I would like to be getting up at 7:30 daily by the end of the month.
These may not seem like much in the way of goals to some people, but if I can stick with these goals and keep them going along with new ones in the future, I will definitely be back on track and on the right path.
On a random note, I'd really like to add pictures to my entries on at least a semi-regular basis, but my lack of a digital camera hinders that. My cell phone does take pictures, but they are really poor quality. My dad has a camera that he hardly ever uses. He mentioned once that I could use it if I wanted, but I feel weird using it regularly for some reason. I guess the first step is to look at it, and find out about batteries and hooking it up to the computer to get photos off it.
Hmmm.... took a test pick with my cell phone of my sitting here in the Barnes and Noble cafe on my laptop writing this entry, and the quality isn't as bad as I thought it might be. (please ignore the hand on the side of my laptop. It belongs to the gentleman sitting at the table across from mine. lol) This definitely has some possibilities for me to explore. Though getting the pictures off my laptop requires going online to retrieve them, but as I usually post on here not from the house's dial-up connection but from a faster connection, that wouldn't really be an issue......
So in the picture you can see my entry in progress, my water bottle that I take everywhere (even if I'm not good about actually drinking the water) and today's Venti non-fat iced chai. mmmm....
Sorry this got so long. Lots on my mind, lots to think about, and I felt like sharing and putting it all out there on here. That's it for now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment