Went to an Open House hiring event today to fill out an application, and after a very short and casual conversation I got hired. I'm shocked and confused by the whole thing, but happy about it too.... I think.. LOL.
I'm going to be working at Five Below. It is a variety store, kind of like how dollar stores are, but everything is $5 or below, so they can carry some different types of items since they can charge a bit of a variety in the prices. I'll learn lots more at orientation on Tuesday night.
I'm still having mixed feelings about working in retail again, but it is a different type of store than I've worked in before, and part of their premise is to make it a fun environment for employees and shoppers so I'm hoping that helps combat some of my concerns.
Still need to keep going with the applications to other places though. As of right now my hours will be between 10 and 25 a week. It is something at least, and definitely a step in the right direction for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment