I had a good vacation and had a good time being in my friend's wedding. Of course I think I'm still readjusting to being back to my "normal" schedule, which still needs to be adjusted. Really have not slept well the last few nights, so I've been dragging through the days at work. Though I'm approaching my ToM so that's a factor in the tiredness for sure.
With the wedding came being in a ton of photos, and from the ones I've seen I actually do not hate the way I look in all of them. A good feeling to have when I am not at or near a healthy weight.
Exactly 17 weeks from today I leave for my Orlando trip. A week of Disney-mania, Harry Potter fan fun, and birthday craziness. :-)
With that in mind, and my lack of success/progress towards my healthiness goals, I am trying to come up with a different approach to achieving my goals. As important as the numbers are, in as much as I would like to get under 140 as that will put me at a healthy weight for my height and frame, I also want to be physically fit. Thinking of the upcoming trip, I want to be able to do all the walking in the parks without being completely exhausted the whole time.
In some progress, I am noticing more and more progress in regards to avoiding overeating. That's not to say I no longer over-eat, I did so at lunch today, but it happens a lot less regularly and with smaller volumes of food. I embrace all improvements and progress no matter how large or small.
Due to financial things, my food consumption is focused on using items from my fridge, freezer, and pantry primarily. With only a few exceptions, I am not allowing myself to purchase anything at the grocery store. This will make food planning within the WW system difficult, but I am doing to try my best to get close to staying within my daily and weekly numbers. I am hoping to essentially use this as a meal planning exercise, so that when I am back to regular grocery shopping trips I can limit my purchases to meals I plan and actually make soon after purchasing.
With as many exercise DVDs as I have, I still struggle to actually do them regularly. I've been playing around with the idea of trying a Curves membership again. I did kind of enjoy going when I actually would go. And I might try to find a Zumba in the Circuit class to mix things up a bit. I need to first find out about general membership costs, if the class is extra, and then look at the budget details to see if it is possible to do.
Goals for the rest of July:
- Work on sleep schedule. Getting enough sleep has to go back to being a priority!
- Learn/re-learn how to plan meals a week at a time, paying attention to PP values
- Work exercise into weekly routine
- Figure out if going to Curves is in the budget
No comments:
Post a Comment