My eating and exercise habits have been all over the place. I can't quite seem to pull it together. I think that a huge factor is that I just seem to be stressed out all the time. I have a couple good days and then I feel like I completely lose it again.
I've been thinking it over and I think a lot of this is tied to my not getting enough sleep every night. I need about 9 hours a night usually, and this can be hard to get depending on events at work and with whatever else is going on in my life. I struggle to let myself go to bed some nights because I feel like there's still so much I need or want to get done that I should be doing that. Most weekends I spend sleeping in and then resting because I feel as though I need to catch up on the rest/sleep I did not get all week. Of course this means I do not get much accomplished, adding to the things I end up trying to get done during the week, and you can see how the cycle can quickly get out of control.
I'm going to set a couple alarms on my phone to alert me to start getting ready for bed and when I should be in bed. I already know that it will be an issue on Tuesday nights when I work late but I can try to work with that. All I know is that this needs to change, and change soon.
Of course I have a vacation coming up soon that involves a whole bunch of driving, spending the night in multiple locations, and a wedding to be in. I am looking forward to it a lot because I will have the chance to spend time with friends and family, but it is definitely going to challenge my new attempts at a sleep schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment