So, March 29th when I weighed in I'd lost just under 2 pounds and then April 3rd I'd gained it all back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to show a gain again this week.... Then this coming weekend is my conference with the students which does not bode well for my food choices.
I know a major issue I'm having is that I am eating to distract from feeling bored/lonely/generally blah.... I sometimes realize that is the reason I am reaching for food but I don't always realize it. Even if I do realize it, I sometimes decide that I do not care and go after the food anyways.
I exercised today.
Did one of my one mile walking DVDs, though I shortened it a little as I was crunched for time. I am starting to feel the workout in my abs right now...
I previously decided that my exercise goal was 3-4 workouts per week*. However I decided that wasn't very specific and allowed me too much ability to put off workouts. So now, my goal is to work out every other day, so that some weeks it will be 3 workouts and some it will be 4. Right now I am focusing on a rotation of Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. I will add in other DVDs over time into the rotation. Gazelle workouts can also be done under one of 2 conditions:
1) if I want to use it as a regularly scheduled workout I have to use one of the DVDs not just listen to my iPod.
2) I can listen to my iPod and use the Gazelle if it is an extra workout for the day or for the week (as it would be on a consecutive day and if I get too sore my virus gets agitated).
*exercise weeks run Sunday through Saturday (as opposed to my food weeks which go Wednesday through Tuesday right now)
Now that I've gotten this all typed out, I think I can get some sleep.
*hugs!* You can do this hun!
ReplyDeleteAlso, have I ever suggested the book "Mindless Eating" to you?
You have recommended the book before. I actually wandered Barnes and Noble over the weekend thinking that a new book in that genre would be helpful, but came to realize that another book isn't going to help me build the focus and routine/habits that I need to right now. I think it is because I really do know and understand what I need to do to make this work for me, and I need to focus on that versus consulting more "experts."
DeleteThanks though :]