At last week's weigh in I was up three pounds, but as I was a bit bloated and definitely had not been eating well (or even tracking) I could not be surprised by the gain.
I've been eating a lot more fruit lately since I'm currently able to get organic apples in all the stores around here. Apples are one of the things I have to eat organic or they won't agree with me. Part of me wonders how much fruit in a day is too much, but I have problems finding organic veggies to eat raw in salads, and I haven't gotten the hang of cooking in my new place so I haven't been doing much non-microwave cooking yet. Examples of daily fruit consumption are one day I had 2 bananas and an apple, and another day I had a banana, an apple, and about a 1/2 cup of raspberries. I know I should balance out with more veggies, but with eating more fruit lately I'm starting to feel better and healthier in general.
Some random fruit thoughts:
Seasonal: Apples, fresh berries, peaches (all organic)
Year round: Bananas, frozen organic strawberries and raspberries, canned peaches in 100% juice
Aside from getting in more vegetables I also need to work on decreasing my sodium intake while continuing to eat fruit regularly.
No comments:
Post a Comment