Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Food tracking

In continuing along the lines of doing what is right for me, I evaluated the way I track my food. I think I was resisting paper tracking because I felt like I was then keeping a second journal to my paper journal. So, I started tracking my food in there, leaving myself the option to write about my day/feelings/whatever as I normally would in there but either before or after where I wrote down what I ate for the day.

I've only tracked for about 2.5 days now, but I must admit that this feels a lot more natural than using the little weekly or even 3 month trackers from Weight Watchers. Right now I'm just focusing on making sure I write everything down every day. The next step will be to track that along with food points values. And then I'll work on tracking/planning so that I'm within my daily/weekly points.

I feel like I'd like to go back to weigh-ins on Saturday mornings, but am supposed to meet up with a friend this Saturday out in Syracuse and am not sure about coordinating. Still more planning to do though.

No comments:

Post a Comment