Saturday, December 18, 2010

Making plans

Starting weight: 218.6 (10/28/2009)
Last week: 191.2
This week: 190.8
Difference: -0.4
Total: -27.8




Not a big loss this week but I'll take it. Especially with having two pretty big losses (for me) in a row. I'm a bit bummed and nervous that my next weigh in won't be until after my first week at my new job in January. There's a small part of me that wants to just give in to all the temptations around me and say that I don't have to eat things in moderation until that week because I'm not going to be able to weigh in. I'm trying very very hard to ignore that voice (especially since right now I'm at Barnes and Noble and it is trying to convince me to go get a piece of the Godiva chocolate cheesecake in the cafe).
In better food news, I bought some new food storage containers to prepare for packing healthy lunches for work in January. My mom has some, but I'll need to prep a batch of food and divide it up on a regular basis and this way I'll be guaranteed to have the right sizes for what I need/want.

We've started booking things for our trip to Vegas in February for my cousin's wedding (We = my parents and I). I'm super excited! We have the flights booked, and are looking at hotels and trying to find the best deal. It is looking like it is actually cheaper for my one cousin and I to get our own room to share instead of being the third person in a room with each of our respective parents. I think it is really funny that it is cheaper to get another room than add a person but that's part of the fun with finding discounts on rooms I guess.

I already have my dress and shoes purchased for the wedding. I may need to find a shrug or shawl to go with it though.


Here's a photo of the dress. Please excuse the mess. :-) The dress is blue and black with silver sparkle all over. The band around the middle and the straps are a black satin. I thought maybe this shrug from Macy's might work:



I'm still debating if I really need or even want one though. I'll think about it and then decide about placing an order (it isn't available at my store). I think part of my debate is that I don't know what the weather is going to be like in Vegas in February. If I'm going to want a light coat/jacket (at least at night) I might not need the shrug.... decisions decisions....


Originally I was going to split up my 12 days of gifts posts into two posts but I have decided that it will be easier for me to do it all in one post. So you will all just have to wait until next weekend to find out about all the fun things Joanna sent me.


Time to decide what I'm going to do for lunch for today and then go do the massive amounts of laundry I have in the car. I have been semi-hoarding some laundry that can't go in the dryer because I didn't need it, but that pile is getting too big, so I need to take care of it. Plus after Christmas I'll need to do major bedding laundry and all sorts of other things to get my life in order before starting the new job. :-)

Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ANY loss in the holiday season is something to celebrate. We're not gaining like most of the population is right now, so I would say it's a huge success!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! How exciting - to go to Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete