Saturday, December 11, 2010

I like watching numbers go down

Starting weight: 218.6
Last week: 192.6
This week: 191.2
Difference: -1.4
Total: -27.4




I have no idea how I managed another loss of 1.4. I'm just going to go along with it. :-)

I can now share my job related news. January 3rd I will be working full time at MVCC full-time. I am very excited! I really like the people I will be working with and they seem very excited that I'm coming on board to their staff. I'll be working for a grant funded program that aims to assist underrepresented students (minorities or economically disadvantaged) interested in the STEM fields succeed in their programs. I'm really excited about it because I'll be able to do recruitment, advising, event programming, administrative duties, and more. Also, as I'll be working at a community college there will be a lot of other opportunities for me to get involved with other departments and committees (that's not to say that I couldn't do that at a traditional institution, but I believe that it is a bit easier to do at a community college).
The "down" side of the position is that it is a grant funded position, and we are at the end of the grant period, so I'm only hired through the end of June. BUT we are applying for continued funding, so I will just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not going to worry about it at all, because it is an amazing opportunity for me for however long I can be there.

I "had" to go shopping for some new work clothes for the new job and had a major NSV while there, I've gone down a size in the right fit pants at LB and fit into the regular pants in my previous size (which used to be way too small). I was having lots of fun trying things on, and seeing the difference in how things fit. Sometime in the next few weeks I'll have to go through my containers of clothes in storage to see if I can fit into some of that stuff. I honestly don't know what I have in storage anymore.

I am thinking that not having the stress of having to find a full-time job for the time being has helped with my losses. I am in total countdown mode until I start and keep running on all the excitement.

I think that covers things for this week. Next week I will have the first half of my gift exchange postings. :-) I can't wait until my box arrives. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment