Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starting to get back on track, June goals, and misc.

I've been getting back into the swing of tracking my food/points/etc. It is taking a little bit of an effort this week since I've gone weeks without doing it. It is also very different to be using the mobile WW site vs. the regular online tracker to track with, but with the dial up connection, using the mobile site on the computer works a million times better than trying to load the regular one. The major downside of the mobile site is that I can only enter in food and activity for the current day, so I can't plan ahead (or if I can do this I have not figured out how to). This means that if I want to plan ahead I need to go into the regular tracker when I am at the school using the fast internet there.

An obstacle of spending a lot of time at the school is the access to free food from the cafe. My dad will make me whatever I want if I ask, and I love the fries and funnel cake sticks he has. I've brought food up there a few times, but if he has cafe customers I can smell their food and it makes it harder for me to stick with my preplanned food. This is something I just have to work on more. I've been trying to plan my time in the school between meals so that when I am hungry I am at home and can eat there instead of trying to make myself eat my packed food while at the school. This week has been a little easier avoiding food in the cafe because I knew we were going out to eat on Wednesday night and I wanted to be able to really enjoy whatever I ordered which meant making an effort to have a significant number of weekly points available if I needed them (made it to Wednesday with 20 weeklies left. my week resets on Saturdays).

This week:
  • Weigh in
    •  Down 1.8 this week! :)  Got rid of last week's gain and then a little. YAY!
  • Exercise/Activity
    • Sunday - Just did the warm up and cool down parts of one of my walking DVDs. I wanted to test out the floor and space in my room for doing different videos. (1AP)
    • Monday - I didn't count activity points for this, but I brought about 7 or 8 boxes of my stuff upstairs and sorted through them and rearranged them with the 5 boxes that were already upstairs so that they are all organized and able to be accessed if/when needed. 
    • Tuesday - Did the 1 Mile Classic Mile workout (2AP)
    • Friday- Laundry day! Needed to wash lots of bedding, some which got put away until winter and the rest is my summer bedding for here. Activity done for laundry is to bring it all downstairs to be put in the car, unloading and then reloading the car at the laundromat, and then bringing it all back in the house and upstairs. Also did some errands after leaving the laundromat, before driving back home.
  • Went out for dinner Wednesday night with my parents for their anniversary. We went to a local Italian restaurant (where we usually go out to eat because it is close, the food is really good, and we know the owner and want to support him). As always the food was really good. I had pan seared scallops with gnocchi in a basil cream sauce. Ate half at dinner and half for breakfast the next morning. Not sure if there was something in the food or just the crazy weather that was giving me a mild migraine or what. Oh well.


June goals:
  • I'd like to be up to working out four times a week by the end of the month. (My long term goal is to exercise 5-6 times a week, but I've realized that I should do this a lot more gradually than I previously was trying to do.) I may only be able to do 3 times a week, but we will see what happens.
  • Get my portion sizes more under control. This is something I always struggle with more when I'm not living in my own space (and I haven't been since last summer). Since I am living at home with my parents now, my mom is a lot more understanding about the struggles with losing weight and getting healthy so I do not feel bad or strange breaking out all the measuring cups to portion out things (I just need to actually do this). Also, I need to remember that when using the floral print plates not to put food outside of the edge of the border on the plate. [I will eventually get into the habit of using a food scale to weigh things out, but mine is packed away somewhere and there is no convienent place to put one for easy access in the kitchen here, so for now I'll focus on using measuring cups]







    No comments:

    Post a Comment