Monday, April 26, 2010

Trying to get back on track (Week 12) and then I think my train exploded.....

Food experiments/trials (Done between Saturday and Tuesday afternoon)
  • Chobani Greek Yogurt - Strawberry Banana
    • I figured I'd give this flavor a try. I think it'd be good in a smoothie, as I enjoy strawberry/banana smoothies, but I don't think I'd eat this alone again. 
  • Broccoli cheese experiment
    • 1 1-pound bag of frozen chopped broccoli + 4 laughing cow light cheese wedges = YUM! my only complaint was that I think I should have let the broccoli drain longer after it was cooked before adding the cheese. 
    • Paired with Living Right chicken nuggets. Would be really good with some plain cooked chicken breast. 
    • I'll definitely make this again. 
  • Chocolate chunk VitaTop w/ Dark Chocolate PB "frosting"
    • YUM! I was craving chocolate and peanut butter and was trying to figure out the right combination of food items and textures that would satisfy the craving, and this is what I came up with. It was a good call on my part. Paired with a cup of milk it was a filling snack and very satisfying. :)

Tuesday evening my fiance and I broke up (after having been together for a few months over 10 years, and engaged for the last year and three months). I finally found an emotional situation that isn't causing me to want to eat my weight in comfort foods to try and feel better. I'm barely hungry these days. The breakup was his idea, and doing it is hurting him too. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and we're still planning on keeping in touch. He still cares about me but just doesn't feel as though our relationship was working anymore. *shrug*
Emotionally I feel bipolar. I'm ok for a bit and then I'm falling apart. Working on moving back into my parents' house. I haven't stayed at home for more than maybe 4-5days since the summer of 2002. It is definitely weird. Doing a lot of cleaning, and will be doing a major sort of the stuff that I'd stored in the house from my childhood and college years.

I haven't really been tracking my food. Since I'm not binge eating to feel better, I'm just focusing on trying to eat something on a semi-regular basis through the day so my body doesn't go into starvation mode.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment