Monday, August 17, 2009

The fans did an amazing job of keeping the room cool last night. I had one box fan blowing air outside, and one blowing air in. Then I had my stick fan blowing on the bed. I was nice and cool. :)

The stick fan:

I ended up bringing the fan downstairs to keep me cool while eating and then moved it into the office area to cool it off in there. It works really well, and is keeping me comfortable, which is extremely important so I am able to get things done.

After Ryan and I took our showers this morning, our shower basket got installed. LOL. Gotta love the timing on that. (a hook had to be screwed into the wall to hold the shower caddy. I'm glad to have one at all since we do not know how long we'll be staying here.

As part of the house's remodeling that we helped push forward:
- Painting the room that we are now in (It previously was two-toned in shades of dark fushia and pink. Very scare)
- Putting up curtains in our room.
- A corner shelving unit was built and installed in the bathroom. (Rose figured she barely had enough space for her stuff, there was no way I would have anywhere to put mine.)
- Latches and locks were put on various doors
- Window and door frames installed in what is now Rose and Mike's bedroom upstairs.

Projects for the near future:
- Installing additional outlets in our room
- Installing window blinds
- Running cable up to our room so we can watch tv

There is also talk of cutting a hole in the wall in the dining room to either make a new door for the room we're using as an office. Current door will then eventually be no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment