Monday, October 10, 2011

Apartment Update

Well, the moving is progressing. My bed, dresser, dining table, kitchen cart/microwave stand, tv stand, living room rug, computer chair, and Gazelle all got moved in on Friday. Saturday my mom and I moved the majority of my kitchen stuff, a few boxes of books, and a few other random things moved into the apartment. All of the kitchen stuff has to be washed before I use it because it has all been stored for a little over two years. So far I've gotten the dishes, some glasses, the silverware, some measuring cups, and the knives from my knife block cleaned. Up next are cooking utensils, food storage containers and the pots and pans.
Sunday I went shopping and bought a small bookcase (that needs to be assembled), a microwave, a lamp for the living room, curtain rods, and a rug grip mat thing to put under the rug in my bedroom.

Besides all the cleaning/washing to do, the next couple of projects are to assemble the bookcase and my desk.
On the still to purchase list: vacuum cleaner, steam mop, more DVD shelving/storage, and maybe another lamp for the living room.

I still have a bunch of boxes of DVDs in storage at the school and some other containers of random items I'd like to have at the apartment. Then there are the containers of clothing that will end up moved to the house for storing until I lose enough weight to try them on again and see if I want to wear them regularly. Also are the 5 boxes of books that are water damaged/destroyed. I need to go through them so I can document what books I've lost and so I can decide which to replace.

Sometime in the next few days I need to call the cable company to make an appointment to have internet and TV hooked up. I want to make a bit more progress with cleaning and organizing things around the apartment before having them come.

I am really starting to love my apartment. The more stuff that I get in there the more it starts to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment